Fort Smith, Ar. ( June 24, 2020) The City of Fort Smith and Mayor George B. McGill are excited to invite residents to attend the Mayor’s Fourth of July Celebration with a twist. What is the twist you ask? This is a traveling party.
In order to continue tradition in our new COVID -19 normal we are bringing the party to you; Saturday, July 4, 2020.
This year’s festivity has a thrilling surprise that will increase safety for residents while also expanding the accessibility across our city’s footprint. The Mayor’s Traveling Fourth of July Celebration will feature digital fireworks, music, giveaways, entertainment from the Northside and Southside High Schools’ cheer teams, popcorn, and much, much more.
The traveling party train will make six (6) stops to city parks and the Reserve at Chaffee Crossing. The celebration will start at 6:00 p.m. and conclude at 10 p.m. with mini merriment at each stop. Fort Smith residents are encouraged to come early to the locations and find your spot, wear masks, and follow all social distancing guidelines.
Here are the scheduled locations and times:
Depart Fort Smith Convention Center Depart 6:00P
1. Riverfront Skate Park Arrive 6:05p Depart 6:25p
2. Martin Luther King Park Arrive 6:35p Depart 6:55p
3. Tilles Park Arrive 7:10p Depart 7:30p
4. Carol Ann Cross Park Arrive 7:45p Depart 8:05p
5. Ben Geren Park Arrive 8:20p Depart 8:40p
6. Reserve at Chaffe Crossing Arrive 8:50 Depart 9:10
7. Creekmore Park Arrive 9:40 Depart 10:00p
8. Fort Smith Convention Center
You can download the route map here: https://bit.ly/4thofJulyLocations
More information can be found here: http://www.fortsmithar.gov/index.php/city-news/mayors-4th-of-july-celebration